Sometimes our support people will ask that you script a table for them so that they can recreate the data in their environments and test to make sure things are working.
To do so open SQL Server Management Studio and follow the steps below.
- Click on the database where the records currently reside and then Tasks, Generate Scripts
- Click next
- Pick "Select specific database objects"
- Select all of the HQMS_ tables you want to copy over
- Most usually it's all of them, yes, sorry it takes a lot of clicking but we've found you can race yourself by using the down arrow and the space bar to see how fast you can check off the 45+ tables.
- Click Next
- Click the Advanced button in the top right of the screen
- Scroll down to almost the very bottom of the window that comes up and change 2 settings
- Script Use Database to False
- Types of data to script to DATA ONLY. - VERY IMPORTANT
- Click ok
- You can change any of the Advanced settings that you want such as where the file gets saved etc. Click ok to run and create the script.
- Zip the script up and send it to us or upload it to a link we may have given you.